Beverage (spirits, wine, and beer) distributor in Maryland looking for a Beverage Sales Lead to build a dedicated sales team while providing the most diverse portfolio of craft and other brands. We’re a modern, dynamic, progressive beverage company, yet grounded with old-fashioned values of hard work, loyalty, and a genuine commitment to excellence.
Candidates should be dedicated and regimented in their approach, but able to adjust to a wide variety of customer needs and requests. Customer service and focus will be the key to success in this role. Individuals who are both competitive and aggressive in nature are often very successful in these roles; therefore these personality traits are preferred in the ideal candidate. The model applicant will also have experience in either Liquor Sales or Hospitality Beverage Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a world-class sales team
- Design sales team compensation model
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and contact potential accounts (on-and off-premise)
- Manage existing accounts
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to develop relationships, build sales (restock, etc.) and provide excellence in service
- Conduct wine tastings and promo events
- Execute and maintain merchandising standards that provides maximum exposure to our brands
- Manage your time and tasks without close supervision (self-starter)
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Process sales orders and Coordinate deliveries
- Experience in wholesale beverage sales and marketing/restaurant/bar industry.
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry, including knowledge of distilled spirits, wine, beer, terms, and growing techniques.
- Passion for wine, spirits and beer with the ability to continuously learn new brands and represent effectively to customers.
- High level of integrity, commitment, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Strong persuasive presentations skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally and externally.
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Valid Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of employment in order to qualify for a Maryland Solicitor’s License.
Job Type: Full-time flexible hours
- Alcohol Beverage Sales: 1 year
- Alcoholic Beverage Industry: 1 year
- Beverage or Restaurant/Bar: 1 year
- Sales: 3 years
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specified requirements may be considered for substitution..
Technology Knowledge Requirement
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, Customer relationship management CRM software, etc.
Send resume to:
Email your resume or fill in the form to submit your application.